Vango, the popular outdoors brand, has unveiled some of its new mountain tents for 2011. We expect the tents to be made to the same quality as other Vango tents – reliable, well-designed and high performing.
The new 2011 Vango mountain tent range includes new and updated models. They include:
- the Vango Chinook tent;
- the Vango Hurricane tent;
- the Vango Spirit tent; and
- the Vango Equinox tent.
All these tents come recommended by the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme. They each have a Protex SPU 5000 rip-stop nylon fly, a sewn-in groundsheet constructed from HD nylon 6000, as well as alloy poles.
Terra Nova Equipment has developed the world’s “lightest 1 person, double wall tent”, weighing in at just 1lb and 1 ounce taking into account th emain poles, flysheet and inner. The tent is called Laser Ultra 1 and will be part of the company’s 2011 range.
The tent offers plenty of space, an incredibly small pack size and multiple ventilation options. Its structure is said to be able to stand up to poor weather conditions, making it perfect for ultra light backpacking.
The company offers a number of other lightweight products including the new Laser Photon 2, a two person double wall tent weighing 1lb 15oz.
Berghaus and Blacks Leisure Group have teamed up to launch a new collection of tents and sleeping bags.
The collection comprises five tents and three sleeping bags, namely:
- the 2 man Snowdonia 2.1 tunnel tent which is ideal for multi-day backpacking trips;
- the 6 man Torridon 6.2 family tent;
- the 2 man Peak 2.1 dome tent;
- the 3 man Lomond 3.1 tunnel tent;
- the 4 man Cuillin family tent;
- the Berghaus Flame 600 three season down sleeping bag;
- the Berghaus Flare 1600 four season synthetic sleeping bag; and
- the one to two season Flare 850 synthetic sleeping bag
The collection will be available in Blacks and Millets outlets from early June.