The North Face Kishtwar Jacket


SKU: e254d22b8a20 Categories: ,

Product Description

The North Face Kishtwar is an athletic fitting jacket which is great for a number of conditions and situations. Part of The North Face summit series, the soft shell jacket is waterproof, windproof and highly durable.

The North Face is one of several large outdoor brands adopting Polartec® Power Shield® Pro technology in their latest lines of high performance outdoor clothing, and we can see why. The jacket offers high levels of resistance to wind and water while maintaining breathability. 99% of wind is kept out reducing any wind chill but the jacket remains breathable which helps you to maintain a level and comfortable temperature while exercising.

Polartec® Power Shield® Pro fabrics are constructed from a tightly woven outer layer for great abrasion resistance, and a polyester back to keep you warm. Then sandwiched in-between the two layers is a membrane which enables the fabric to block 99% of the wind. The remaining 1% circulates within the fabric which helps the fabric breathability. For more information check out the Polartec Facebook page.

The North Face Kishtwar jacket offers a comfy yet tight fit and covers down to just below the waist. Two hand pockets on either side and one chest pocket give you enough room for all your necessary items. All pockets are lined too which protects any tech in your pockets. The two hand pockets contain the hem cinchcord, hidden away nicely so you won’t need to worry about them snagging or catching on to anything. The hood is fully adjustable with a peak at the front and cords to tighten around your face. This can prove  extremely useful, especially when high up in the hills on a windy day as we discovered while testing the jacket against the elements on a cold January day.

The jacket we had in hand came in the classic The North Face red, with other colour options including asphalt grey with a green trim, and black. Sizes range from Small to Extra Large. As expected, there’s a North Face logo on the front, on the back shoulder position and a summit series logo on the left arm.

As well as being a great jacket for walkers, runners, climbers, cycling, skiing etc it also looks great as a day jacket or a jacket to wear on a commute to work. An RRP for 239.99 might sound high but for the quality and the amount of use you can get out of the jacket it will be worth every penny. Don’t just take our word for it, The North Face Kishtwar also picked up an ISPO Outdoor Award in the textiles category.

A big thumbs up from Outdoor Enthusiasts!