If your inflatable mattress has a hole one option is to repair rather than throw away. You’ll need a puncture repair kit. Just follow these steps.
- Identify where the whole is, this may be obvious if you can hear air rushing out. If not, try putting the mattress in the bath and look for air bubbles.
- Clean the area around the hole, use chalk or the sandpaper in the puncture repair kit to rough the area to help the patch stick
- Apply glue and stick the patch
- Place pressure on the patch, if possible leave a heavy book on the patch, be careful it doesn’t stick so place some paper below the book.
- Inflate the mattress after waiting if possible a good 12 to 24 hours to test if the leak has gone.
If you have a question, then Ask John, submit a question in the comments below or via the contact form.